The Finance and Administration Department at Faraja Africa Foundation is seeking to hire the advertised job. You will be required to send in your CV, Academic Qualification Documents & Certificates (Scanned as one document less than 8mb), the recommendation letter would be an additional value. Shortlisted candidates will be reached out to for a scheduled interview. Please ensure to clearly state your Gender and date of birth in your application. Its a full-time job and working hours 9am-4:30pm as per our HR policy.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
|Job Title : Accountant
Functional Reporting : Executive Director
Job Role: Provide financial and administrative management support (book keeping, accounting) to Faraja, partners involved in planning and supervising all the operational functions of the Enterprises (Safaris, Digital) and Foundation, requires participation in the development of strategic plans and sales objectives set forth by the management. Ensure compliance to the finance and administrative procedures in line with Faraja Enterprise, the national laws, donors and other relevant Organisational policies.
Person Specifications Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Financial Management, Accounting Or the relevant from a recognized Institution.
• Two years of working experience in NGO or relevant finance environment.
• A relevant professional training and qualifications in donor regulations are added advantage. Experience:
• At least three years of relevant work experience in accounting and finance preferably in an NGO
And in the Private Sector.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Book Keeping, Accounting, Budgeting and budgetary control.
• Finance management skills.
• Communication skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Contract and Grants Management.
• Leadership skills.
• Computerized Accounting Skills.
• Procurement, Logistics and stores management.
• Ability to establish critical working relationships.
• Ability to promote the Faraja enterprise.
• Ability to conduct power analysis.
|Key Result Areas
|Duties and Responsibilities
|FINANCIAL PLANNING AND BUDGETING
Coordinate financial Planning and budgeting in line with FAF partners.
|• Align partner plans and budgets into FAF budget guidelines and make sure that the required Programme support ratios are achieved.
• Explain and guide the stakeholders in the application of budget guidelines in their annual budgeting process.
• Support the process of financial costing and forecasting for projects.
|LIQUIDITY AND TREASURY FUNCTION OF LRPs
Manage the liquidity position and treasury function of Faraja such that financial obligations are met as they fall due in accordance with the Faraja Enterprise.
|• Prepare and submit timely cash flows to Accountant for review & consideration.
• Monitor and make a record of the cash position of the Faraja to ensure that it has enough money at all times.
• Record, reconcile and document all Faraja’s accounts.
• Track and monitor funds availability in all bank accounts.
• Review Projects cash request from Partners.
|EXPENDITURE AND PAYMENT REQUESTS
Examine payments requests and other Financial
transactions for approval and, ensure there is adequate supporting documentation in accordance with the Faraja financial policy.
|• Review all cheque/payments and respective journals.
• Review all staff accountabilities and claims or refunds.
• Verify and review logistics, invoices and other payment vouchers prior to submitting them for approval.
• File and keep a proper record of all prepayments, accruals and related accounts.
• Maintain an inventory, stores management system in line with contemporary stores management practices.
|PERIODIC FINANCIAL REPORTING
Prepare and submit periodic financial reports, and statutory requirement to the Finance Manager, Donors and as may be required from time to time.
|• Input payments, receipts and staff accountabilities in the accounting system, stamp and file vouchers and maintain complete and up-to-date books of accounts.
• Prepare monthly variance reports for submission to the Cluster Coordinator for review before forwarding them to the Accountant and ED.
• Remit to respective authorities withheld statutory deductions and generate tax report at the end of the month.
• Enforce and report on expenditure controls by making reference to the budget to ensure that expenditures are within the approved budget for monitoring purposes in consultation with the Cluster Coordinator.
|ADMINISTRATIVE AND LOGISTICAL SUPPORT
Provide and account for general administrative and logistical support to staff and relevant stakeholders in accordance with Organisational policies, procedures and best practice.
|• Manage and report on the use of the office telephone.
• Track and report on the use of all Organisation assets.
• Supervise the maintenance of general office security.
• Update Fixed Assets Register in the system and ensuring appropriate accounting for fixed assets (including proper treatment of depreciation).
• Verify all FAF assets are under insurance cover at all times and renewed whenever policies expire.
• Carry out any stock-taking and fixed assets verification exercise.
|INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL AUDITS
Prepare and attend to the needs of internal and external auditors and implement recommendations in line with donors.
|• Prepare audit schedules as per checklist made available and any other pertinent supporting analysis.
• Participate in pre- and post (exit) audit meetings.
• Communicate and discuss in time and in desired format audit requirements to ensure that audit timetables and guidelines are adhered to.
• Follow –up responses and clear audit issues both internal and external.
|FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT CAPACITY BUILDING OF STAFF AND PARTNERS
Assess financial management gaps and build the capacity of partners and staff in financial management in accordance with GAAP and ensure that good accounting system are established both at partner &
|• Review and report on partner transactions to ensure compliance with policy documents.
• Represent and make presentations/document proceedings in events/ forums in line with instructions from the line manager.
• Monitor and review of partner finance documents including Treasury control and accounts verification, bank reconciliation statements, payroll, monthly finance reports, inventory of fixed assets and physical confirmation of assets.
• Support partners develop policy documents and reviews to guide transactions.
• Support partners by putting in place good accounting systems to capture all transactions of the Organisation.
• Support partners on audit process both internally and externally.
|CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
|Engage in continuous professional development to ensure that knowledge, networks and expertise are kept updated.
Share skills and knowledge with programme and enterprise teams as a way of upskilling teams in aspects of basic accountability, resource and financial management, logistics and business administration of the operations in the enterprise.
Key relationships: (include internal and external)
Internal: Executive Director, Program and Administrative Officer, Accountant, Marketing and Communication Officer.
External: Volunteers, Project Beneficiaries Vendors, media, key partners and customer groups.
Other important features or requirements of the job:
NOTE: Applications are now open until the 29th October 2019.