#Apply: Job Opportunity-Digital Media Associate (Faraja)-CLOSED!!
Position Title: Digital Media Associate
Reports To: Communications Director
The Digital Media Associate will support the mission of Faraja Africa Foundation (FAF) and be a critical team player of FAF’s fast paced and growing Communications Department.
FAF’s Communications Team:
- Educates the community about the organization’s mission, initiatives, andimpact
- Advocates for issues important to our client /community
- Supports FAF’s advocacystrategies
- Provides a platform for our clients to share their stories on theirterms
- Engages in tireless mediaadvocacy
- Coordinates local, national, and international media relationships and priorities placing stories to expose injustice, raise awareness, and move the needle on community conversation
- Supports the marketing and fundraising efforts of FAF’s Developmentteam
FAF’s media advocacy has been instrumental in exposing injustice, countering misrepresentation and distortion of young people in mainstream media narratives and impacting community conversation on issues impacting Uganda.
The Digital Media Associate’s main role will be to develop and generate content and supportive materials for FAF’s communications through print, web, and social media. The content will be written, video, photo, infographic, illustrative, etc. (Note: emphasis on video and infographiccontent)
- Writing – creative, news, editorial, marketing,
- Interview clients and produce clientstories
- Scheduling content on social media and updatingwebsite
- Research issues and policies related to FAF and ourwork
- Track earned media clips (radio, online,television)
- Monitor and analyse web and social media analytics (Google Analytics experience is A-plus)
- Develop monthly summary reports for CommunicationsDirector
- Participate in communications updates and team meetings asneeded
- Assist Communications Director with media/communications related work, ie. topical issue and policy research
- Other media/communications related work as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or the Equivalent
- Proficient with Microsoft-Office, Adobe-Creative Suite(AdobeIllustrator and/or In Design required)
- Video shooting and editing experience (Premiere,iMovie, Final Cut)
- Experience and acumen in developing social mediacontent
- Experience editing and drafting website content
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Are committed to and engaged in FAF’s mission, clients, anddirection
- Have the tenacity and willingness to change direction quickly as media needs change or in response to current events
- Work well both independently andcollaboratively
- See the big picture and have excellent attention todetail
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communicationskills
- Are motivated, creative, and hard working
Please send a cover letter, resume, and up-to 10 samples of your portfolio/work product via email to: email@example.com
*Note: Please include work product/portfolio samples that demonstrate your experience with print, web, social media, video, and graphic design content creation.
Deadline to submit application materials is Sunday, February 17, 2019.