About Faraja Africa Foundation
Faraja Africa Foundation is youth-led Non-profit International Organization founded in 2013 with a team of youth entrepreneurs and leaders enthusiastic about changing Africa, while strategically placing itself in government structures in empowering youth for development.
Our mission is to prepare emerging leaders to initiate, develop and sustain youth community and economic initiatives; while our vision is, producing informed economically empowered and socially engaged youth-led society with 21st-century skills dedicated to building the African continent.
Faraja (Swahili word for comfort) Africa Foundation empowers and provides young people with the needed skills to succeed. Currently, our focus is on youth leaders in areas of social entrepreneurship, leadership & civic engagement with the strong use of technology and digital tools. Providing ongoing training and coaching for youth (as future leaders) in both civic engagement and entrepreneurship, in achieving sustainable development, and their needs across Africa.
Do you desire to add unmeasurable value to lives of youths?
We’re seeking volunteers who can use their experiences ad skills to add unparalleled value to the sustainable development of today’s youths who will be advocating the future of Uganda (and Africa).
Working in the relaxed office of Faraja (and sometimes in the field), as a volunteer you will find yourself working with a small group of participants or providing one-to-one upskilling to vibrant youths across the landscape of Uganda.
You will support the Programmes team to manage relationships and activities with overseas partner NGOs. Hence, lead on the delivery of the research and development elements of excellent development programmes
You will be part of the team overseeing program development, seeking grants and proposals, and managing youth projects.
You will partake in building and maintaining partnerships and relationships that interacts with other organizations, such as other NGOs, community organizers, and international donors/stakeholders.
You will usually be proactive, creative, outspoken, and optimistic with a preference for achieving outcomes in collaboration with others. You will have a result-oriented approach and propose ways to innovate and continuously improve our communications products, practices, channels and messaging.
Responsibilities and Duties (Skills):
You will usually be expected to engage in the below responsibilities as at when needed.
1. Support programme evaluation, research , and daily management of programmes
2. Support the implementation of the programmes’ policies, and processes
3. Contribute to the development and improvement of systems for managing the evaluation data and sharing of learning between partners
4. Support collection & dissemination of project information, including analysis of existing data
5. Support the standardising of reporting and information processes across all programmes
Contribute to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of excellent monitoring, reporting and evaluation processes.
6. Possess creative problem-solving, effective communication, & stakeholder engagement skills
7. Possess effective interaction with all levels of the organization, and senior management.
8. Possess exceptional ability to remain calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure and tight deadlines.
9. Possess some standard of computer competency and literacy and experience of using Microsoft Office packages.
10. Preferably, be educated to Bachelor’s Degree level in social sciences, legal studies, other related/relevant disciplines, or a measurable level of experience in same/similar field.
Please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the volunteering position to email@example.com on or before the deadline stipulated above.
If you have any queries, please contact Uche on firstname.lastname@example.org